The work of the painter 'Bousli' in Galle (from the wall of "Happy Place Hostel"). - now closed

 


 I fell in love at first sight with the "Bousli" painting (mural) at The Happy Place Hostel guesthouse in Galle, which I visited in August 2019.
Now, when I look back on it and see it in pictures, I am really sucked in and look at it forever and ever.

And after looking at it for a while, I was struck by a slightly strange sensation.

When I wrote the earlier article.

I described it as "a picture that makes no statement" and "an endlessly transparent energy that just captures what is there."

I described it as...
No. Is this a picture of what's there?
Rather, it looks like a landscape that is nowhere. Like a world in a dream.

That is especially true of this boat painting. The oars are well drawn, but the person rowing the boat is not drawn at all.


And although the waves seem dynamic, they are extremely tranquil. It's as if it's in a silent, still, desolate eternity. It's as if I'm in a world without sound.

It's so strange, so absorbing, but I can't stop looking at it forever and ever, and at every detail.

I was attracted to such a feeling at first sight because I must have felt it intuitively at first glance, but I had not been able to make it so conscious during my stay at the guesthouse.
It really is a strange picture when I review it now.

And what a warm and gentle gaze of the animals he draws. I can't help but feel the affection of a turtle mother and her turtle child, and of a turtle mother for her turtle cub.


The drawings of the figures (mermaids) are also really attractive starering at it carefully. That it has drawn such an attractive, not naughty but attractive, female body, with a texture that really makes me want to touch it!


I absolutely, positively want to touch her body!
The painting reminds me that women are inherently so plump and beautiful with their body shapes and skin textures.


The lotus flower paintings below are in the area leading to the balcony. Immediately next to it is a relaxing area with hammock chairs.
It gives me the feeling of being in paradise. No, this is not paradise, but the other world ... afterlife.


Lotus flowers are also on a pole by the stairs going up from the first floor of the building to the second floor.


And in a room, the paintings have a rather authentic, almost impressionist touch, unlike the fantasy touch shown above.


Each petal has a texture that really, really makes me want to touch it, to smell its sweet fragrance wafting through the air! As if they were right there.
I couldn't believe how much I was looking at each petal...


Well, after a quick photo shoot, the owner came over and said he would show me all the paintings in the other rooms, too.

And he said, "These aren't your favourite paintings, are they?" And he showed me, with a bit of a grin, ...
The paintings on the walls of the other guest room was ...

Bob Marley!
No, I didn't tell him I liked or disliked him, but I'm sure he thought so because I had strongly requested no smoking  room, with these cigarettes and his atmosphere and all!

It's a bit different from the other paintings, isn't it? The owner had them painted at his request.

And then there are abstract paintings like this one.

 

Was the following also in a guest's room? A painting of very seductive women.
 


 He really is a mysterious painter.
I don't know how good or bad he is as a painter, but I have never seen a painting in which the charm of the woman, the beautiful texture of her body, the tenderness and fragility of her face, the texture of her hair, the energy of her essence can be felt so "directly". I have never encountered anything like it before.

 

More and more, I couldn't resist meeting the painter, Boosli!
I decided that next time I visit Galle, I will definitely go out again to explore Boosli.

Despite the fact that he paints such wonderful pictures, he doesn't usually paint on canvas.
According to the story, he doesn't seem to make a living as a painter? He paints murals mostly when he is asked to do so. However, I have not heard of any other places other than The Happy Place Hostel where his paintings can be found.

It's full of mystery, but I'm sure that for him, painting is just who he is, and I can only assume that he has no awareness of his profession or livelihood.
But I can only imagine that he must be a person with a very tender heart inside.

Anyway, it seems that he stands out so much that "anyone who takes one look at him will immediately recognize him as Boosli!" I want to meet him for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love at first sight mural - In search of "Bousli" (Galle).

If you listen and buy drums in Sri Lanka, come to Hikkaduwa!